This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Led by enthusiastic staff, our vision for utilising this money is making our provision as sustainable as possible.
The key elements are:
- Delivering a comprehensive and progressive PE curriculum
- High quality teaching
- Formative assessment
- Opportunities for competition
- Developing pupil sport leaders and ambassadors
1) Membership of the Mid-Sussex Active locality group. The key elements of this membership are: pupil and teacher training (young ambassadors, professional CPD for staff), participation in competitions, both within school and between schools and to increase the scope of sports played by children across the age-ranges. There is also a network for teacher support.
2) We employ specialist coaches to deliver high quality PE to the children. Importantly, these coaches are also training staff in the delivery of PE and in the effective use of assessment. Staff work with the coaches each week when the coach delivers one of the two PE sessions for each class. The class teacher is then given suggestions of how to further develop these skills.