- a love of learning;
- honesty about our own learning and in our supportive feedback to each other;
- a positive attitude and growth mindset, where we keep trying;
- an environment of mutual respect for each other's right to learn.
- recognise the sounds that each individual letter makes;
- identify the sounds that different combinations of letters make - such as ‘sh’ or ‘oo’; and
- blend these sounds together from left to right to make a word.
Children can then use this knowledge to ‘de-code’ new words that they hear or see. This is the first important step in learning to read.
Early Years use Jolly Phonics in the initial stages of learning to read with phonics.
KS1 continue with this and use the Letters and Sounds phonics programme. http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- WILLOW - Spr1 2018 Carnival of Animals EYFS Overview.pdf
- BEECH - Spring 2018 - Carnival of the animals overview 2018.pdf
- HOLLY - Spring 2018 - Storm Chasers_Overview (002).pdf
- Silver Birch - Spring 18 - World War 2 Overview.pdf
- WILLOW - Autumn 18 - Aut1 2018 Incredible Me EYFS Yr1 Overview.doc
- BEECH - Autumn 18 - Incredible Me sep 18.doc
- HOLLY - Autumn 18 - Stone Age topic overview.docx
- SILVER BIRCH - Autumn 18 - Ancient_Egypt_Overview.doc
- WILLOW - Spr 19 - Dinosaurs.doc
- BEECH - Spr 19 - Land Before Time topic overview for parents Jan 19.doc
- HOLLY - Spr 19 - Rainforest Overview.doc
- SILVER BIRCH - Spr 19 - Viking_Overview (1).doc